}

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

AIR Tutorial #3 - Creative Medium

 For my third AIR Tutorial this month I have decided to UPCYCLE a Photo Box that has been lying around the house for five years - yes five whole years.  In my defense, I have always meant to do something with it but......





Once I received my box of goodies from Imagine Craft, I just knew that it was time to 'bring this baby' back to life and vintage was the way to go!


Preferred Promotional Partners:

Other:  Photo Box, Vintage Paper, Want2Scrap bling, recycled buttons, glue
I started by using Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko Creative Medium to attach any vintage paper that had started lifting from the Photo Box.  I have used a Ink Blusher.




Next I used the Multi-purpose Squeegee  to smooth the paper and make sure any air bubbles were removed, along with any excess Creative Medium.




Vintage buttons have been glued to the center of each of the lid pieces, once they have dried in place StazOn - Jet Black has been applied with an Ink Blusherand sealed using  GlazOn - Vintage.  You can see the full effect of this in the photos below.




The same process has been applied to the large button that has been added to the front of the Photo Box, concentrating on the embossed emblem.

  I have also added a strip of Tape Measure Ribbon along the lower edge of the box.



Cut three (3) different keys using the Jewel Keys Spellbinders™ Shapeabilities® dies - one set in
Precious Metals Premium Craft Foils Assortment - I used the old gold and one set with cardboard.  Adhere the foil keys to the matching card ones, this gives a firmer embellishment.

 Next rub them over using StazOn - Jet Black and a dauber - this gives an aged look, as you can see in the photos below.




Finish off by adding a coat of GlazOn - Clear.



Attach the Jewel Keys to the Photo Box using twine and finish off with any other vintage embellishments you have.

I hope you are already thinking of things you have at home you can add the vintage touches to using Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko products.  The possibilities are endless.




Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!

{{{Hugs}}}

3 comments:

  1. WOW - what an amazing transformation Linda! Great tutorial too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great transformation Linda, love your amazing ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}