}

Sunday, June 24, 2012

SSIC Banners

I wish I could tell you that I had made this card for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge weeks ago but the truth is that I thought I had and suddenly realised yesterday I had NOTHING done - arggggggh! 



So I checked out this weeks challenge, hosted by our fearless leader Kris, who has chosen:

"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10 


Use FLAGS or BANNERS in your creation
(ie. create your own flags or banners… or in your paper, image)

I quickly grabbed things that were lying around in piles on my desk (as you do!) and created flags by folding thin strips of paper in half and dove tailing the ends of them.  Each flag is attached using double sided tape and embellished using buttons and mulberry flowers, finishing off with a row of pearls.



A strip of Spellbinders Classic Edges One Edgeabilities® and Classic Decorative Insert Three Edgeabilities®  have been added along the lower edge of the card and some gorgeous vintage lace added, a butterfly and pearls (of course!).  These Dies have been cut using the Spellbinders Grand Calibur® Machine.



It all came together very quickly - PHEW! LOL!

This card is for the following challenges:
Fun with Shapes & More - must include die cut/punch
Stampin' For The Weekend - Show us Your Style
It's All About the VintageSummer & butterflies
Shelly's Images - Anything goes
Crafts and Me - anything goes
Thank you to this weeks sponsor.
Make sure you stop by the Designers Blogs are some amazing inspiration - these ladies are inspirational on so many levels!!

* Kristine * Linda (that's me) * MariLynn * Miejse * Peggysue * Traci M *




Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!

{{{hugs}}}

13 comments:

  1. Oh my, another super lovely card; gorgeous pennants and fabulous bits and bobs from your workspace added. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister, your work is as endearing as ever. Gorgeous! Lymi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my sweetness!! This is such a beautiful card!! I love your banners and the pretty details! Thank you so much for joining us over at It's All About The Vintage And Beauty Challenge! Good luck! Hugs and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL card Linda!! I love those banners, and the li'l roses and buttons you added. I'm convinced this was a great challenge as I'm loving what everyone did with it! Thanks for all you do Linda. I know you've got so much going on in your life and yet you always have gorgeous samples for our challenge blog. THANK YOU!! Hugs & Prayers, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, sweet, wonderfully feminine...all together lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh Linda, this is beautiful - love the way you have highlighted the rose by the use of red on your banners.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so sweet, but unfortunately it doesn`t fit to our Fun with shapes and more challenge... our theme is fly agaric AND you have to use punches... sorry, but just to see your card was great *lol*

    Hugs Ivi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda! Another gorgeous card! Love the vintage feel! The little flags are great and your buttons and flowers are the perfect finishing touch!
    Praying for a good week for you and yours!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH WOW! This is so unique and just beautiful Linda! Thanks so much for joining our "SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, this is such a beautiful card! I love the papers and how you've decorated each banner! Love this! Have a blessed day! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous!!

    Thanks for joining us at It's all about the Vintage and Beauty this time. Hope to see again on our next challenge.
    Don't forget to enter our fabulous candy HERE. You have until tomorrow at 9 pm GMT+2 to enter :)

    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}