}

Saturday, October 15, 2011

DD Old Friends

I have a quick post today - amazing I know!!  I am working on NUMEROUS projects for up and coming events and it is time for me to move it up a notch or two


This card was one that was created for my Card Design Classes at my LSS using Darkroom Door Rubber Stamps Vintage Automobiles


I am on a mission - top try and use every stamp in a set to make my own DP - how many sets do we own where we have used only one or two stamps in it and the other ones remain unlinked and just plain SAD! LOL!


I have used the large card for the main image and randomly stamped sentiments and the little car images on it, using Scattered Straw and Walnut Stain Distressing Inks


and I love this sentiment - what a truth!!  LOL!  I have to add here that this was very hard for me to make, I am not used to one layer and wasn't too sure about it BUT the lovely ladies at both Classes loved it and are going to be making more along this line - so that has to be a good thing - right!?

This card is for the following challenges:
Southern Girls - Boys or Men in your Life
Pals Paper Arts - Photo Inspiration
Truly Scrumptious - distressing 
Craft Your Passion - A Card for All Occasions
Crafty Cardmakers - Anything Goes 
Creative Stamp Friends - Autumn Colors 
 Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
Woodware USA - Anything Goes (again)

Thank you for stopping by today - before you go I wanted to invite you to

Layers of Color – Join our Ornament Blog Hop on October 26th!

Make sure you mark the date in your diary - there is so much inspiration to be found from the design Team plus some very talented Guest Designers - you are not going to want to miss this!!

It is Saturday here and a very laid back one for our family as we are recovering from 3 weeks of SICKNESS in the house - my poor teenagers have been sick for the whole of their school holidays, but thankfully today are able to enjoy a sunny day and do a few things - as I am sitting here my DD2 is playing her guitar and singing songs she has written - it is music to my ears in so many ways! God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

8 comments:

  1. lots of rubber used there, Linda - well done!! And yes, that sentiment is so true.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Linda, and love the sentiment.

    Thanks for sharing with us at 'Make it Monday'

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely design & a great use of stamps. I love the sentiment you've used, it's so true. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect image for your sentiment!
    Thank you so much for joining us at MIM!
    And remember, to be in the running to win the prize, just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super goal to use all of the stamps in a set! Perfect idea to use for bg paper. This is a fantastic man style card, Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a stunning card ~perfect for any car lover!!
    thanks for joining us on CREATIVE STAMP FRIENDS!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love the sentiment - so great! Wonderful card, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card, fantastic distressing. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Truly Scrumptious this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}