}

Sunday, August 7, 2011

LOC Elegantly Emerald

Layers of Color is sponsoring this weeks If the Shoe Fits Challenge and I am honoured to be a Guest designer, along with some of the other LOC Design Team.

The challenge is all about EMERALD - to use Emerald Bling or Green on your card

I created an envelope card - happily I was able to use something lying on my desk


and these gorgeous flowers from Petaloo, that have been sponged with Peeled Paint Distressing Ink and layered - I love the lush look of them!

I sponged the DP with the Layers of Color Vintage Medallion art stencil  using the Peeled Paint Distressing Ink.

one of the things I love about this style of card is the tag


The edges have been sponged and a Corner rounder used on the corners

The flourish is for the Old World Flourishes art stamp set and the butterfly from the Butterfly Collector art stamp set.  I have layered the butterfly to give it some movement and added a green large pearl.

This card is for the following challenges:
Crafts and Me - anything goes
Divas by Design - summer 
My Mum's Craft shop - monochromatic
Sisterhood of Crafters - Simply Handmade
Card and Scrap - Summer
 Order of Opus Gluei – no words allowed

You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Product Partner
You can also check out Layers of Color Art Stamps on our FACEBOOK GROUP  and  have a look at the Layers of Color Art Stamps FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!
Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!
Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!!  Your encouragement is such a blessing for me  - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

17 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Linda and what gorgeous colours you have used plus the tag well its so perfect with the butterfly! Love it Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the butterfly detail. Just beautiful! Thanks for playing along at NettieG's Digital Gems Challenge
    http://nettiegsdandydigitalgems-challengeblo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card, Linda - the emerald ruched ribbon just sets everything else of beautifully, and as you say, that flower is so lush!!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply Beautiful.. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Linda, your card is simply lovely! Thanks for joining us for NettieG's Digital Gem fancy fold challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card hun..!

    thanks for joining us at Divas...and good luck..!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww this is so special I love the greens you have used - awsome card
    Thanks for joining us @ The Paper Shelter and good luck with the prize draw xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! your pocket card is absolutely Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at NettieG's digital gems!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gosh, this is lovely - why don't I have anything this pretty on my worktable? ;-)

    I have never made an envelope card, which is probably WHY I don't have something so lovely on my worktable. However, you are convincing me to try them. Lovely use of the emerald color, I love how striking and romantic this is too. Beautiful embellishment and they work together perfectly. Works wonderfully for our Opus Gluei challenge and I thank you for sharing with us. Please, lovely Linda, stop by again and participate in our future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wawwww it is beautiful

    100000 tak for at du deltager på card and scraps udfordring
    klemmmm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda, WOW this is just gorgeous - the flower is just stunning! Love the colour. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was beautiful. Love the design with butterfl, lace and flower. Thanks for playing at Card and Scrap and good luck. Hope to see you back soon. Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a really fabulous creation, Linda - I can see how much love and dedication you put into it!! We at Nettie G's are so happy you entered our Fancy Folds Challenge! Thanks and good luck!
    luv n huggz
    Jen
    NGDG'S DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is gorgeous...love that butterfly and all of the details in this card...Thanks for joining in at the Opus Gluei this week!

    Deena

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful idea for a card, I've not seen an envelope card before and yours is gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining us at Opus Gluei.
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW. This is amazing. I LOVE all the layers, and all the details. Wonderful combination. Thank you so much for playing along with us at OPUS GLUEI.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}