}

Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Maddy

Today is my youngest daughters 13th birthday and I thought I would give you a look at the card I  made for her.


I used this adorable image from Penny Black - thanks Debby for the use of your stamp - it is so very Maddy - who is my 'girly girl!!'


I coloured the image with chalks - just had to be link for this girl...and lace - I could not resist padding the bra and adding some lace - IRL it looks fabulous - I have tried to capture it in the photo


and decided the best way would be to show you it upside down so you could see straight down into it and see the dimension - something we all try to avoid IRL!  LOL!


Here is another photo to show try and show you - I hope you are getting the idea. 


I added some hand dyed Seam Binding and the gorgeous crochet flower, both are from my very dear Layers of Color Design Team Sistah Melisa - thank you Melisa - you spoiled me with the most delish embellishments - I could not resist using them here!!  I have secured them with a button that is actually a brad - I wish I had more of these, they are so sweet!

this card is for the following challenges:

AiFactory - Party Animal (must have an animal)
CCEE Stampers - Use Pink and Black
Color Create - Pink, Black and White
Little Miss Muffet Challenges - Glitter and Shine
Pals Paper Arts - Flowers
Rainbow Ladies - Springtime
Sassy Studio Designs - Spring Theme
Crafts and Me - Ribbon
Freshly Brewed - Cute and Sweet
Simon Says Stamp - Card for a Child
Your Next Stamp Challenge - Texture
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
 
Happy Birthday Maddy - may your day be filled with all the things you love!!  Maddy loves music and is very talented - today she got her own guitar and I am looking forward to hearing the amazing songs that she writes, they touch the heart and fill our house with beautiful music - I am grateful for each of my children and we celebrate each one individually - today we celebrate you Maddy - you are a beautiful song yourself darling girl!!  Happy Happy birthday!!!

Thank you too, for visiting today - you know I love to see you - pull up a chair a stay a while if you like! 
{{{hugs}}}

33 comments:

  1. OMgoodness Linda I love this image and what you have done with it!!! Maddy will treasure this forever! LOVE the lace and padding! Too cute! Makes me laugh! Happy Birthday to Maddy!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...Happy Birthday to your Maddy! Hope your day is wonderful! Momma, your card is so much fun! I especially love that 'dimensional' view! lol... What a great idea! Thanks for sharing, and for the chuckle this evening! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and Happy Birthday Maddy :) Give that sweet girl a hug for me ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET MADDY!!!!!!

    Oh my, what an adorable card! Love all the details and your cleverness, great image, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda - Happy Birthday Maddy - wonderful girly card and I love the dimension!! That seam binding is just beautiful!!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a adorable creation you hav made for your daughter:-))
    Thank you for joining in with us over at
    Colour Create.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is BEAUTIFUL Linda! I love the bra! Thanks for participating in our Sassy Spring Mix challenge. Don't forget to be present at the chat party tomorrow to be eligible to win!
    www.sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recognise this stamp!!! I always really liked this but it's not one I have used lots.....but you have inspired me to use it again.....when I get it back....LOL!!!!! x I have actually used the mini pegs on it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! What a cool image and I love what you have done with the lace and padding in the bra! The glittery/shiny straps look great! Thanks for joining us in the Little Miss Muffet Glitter and Shine challenge!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, your daughter is going to love it. The bra looks fab with the lace and padding lol, some of us girls just can't live without the padding hehe. Thanks for joining us at the Little Miss Muffet Challenge, hope to see you again. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card Linda! Obey she loved it. I love your attention to detail and how you added the lace and padding. I know she will enjoy her guitar. Happy birthday Marry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and I am sure your 13 year old daughter will love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week and good luck.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet, touching post in celebration of your daughter's birthday! I'm sure she loved this adorable card! I love the image & what you did with the bra! That lace ruffle is a darling touch! Thanks for playing along @ the SSD "Sassy Spring Mix" challenge! Hope to chat with you on the party blog tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this stamp and just ordered it myself about two weeks ago! It's too cute and the lace is a fabulous touch!! Thanks for playing along in the Little Miss Muffet Challenges this round. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great card made with a great image! Love the little touches like the padding and the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Linda... love everything about it. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha! this is adorable! thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute, cute, cute!!!!! That is one adorable card!!! Thanks for joining us at FBD.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. absolutely fabulous....thanks for playing with the CCEE this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL fabulous card, what a great image! I love the dimension you have given it.

    Thank you for sharing over at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness that is the cutest card! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Linda What a stunning Spring card as always over the top! Beautiful through and through! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew!
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL I too have this stamp it's one of my fave's!! Great card thanks for sharing at rainbow lady's challenge this week. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hee hee :D This is brilliant I love the decoupage and the added lace is just perfect!! :D
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafts and Me this week. Good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautifully done with the pink and lace, I'm sure your daughter will love it. Thank you for joining us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh this is just gorgeous, Linda! Love that technique of adding the lace under part of the image....beautiful colouring too! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  27. This has to be one of my favourite images, it always makes me smile. Thanks for joining Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  28. fabulously girly card Linda...I love it...thanks for joining in with our Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE This Linda!!! It should be showcased somewhere. Beautiful and oh so adorable! LOVE all the angles you took the pics at. Really shows off the card :)

    Thanks for playing along this week at Freshly Brewed Challenges Cute and Sweet challenge

    Hugs! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a fabulous image- luuuv it! Thanks so much for sharing your card creation with us at Creative Card Crew. What a treat :) Hope you can join us again next time! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  31. Now this is just priceless I love how you added extra lace to that lovely bra! Thanks for playing along with Your Next Stamp's "Texture" Challenge! Beth aka BR-T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}