}

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gunns'n Roses

How do you like this image - isn't it divine!  I received it in a RAK from my very dear Midnight Madness Design Team Member and friend, Gunn - it has been sitting on my desk for ages waiting for some colour to hit it!!

 

I saw this image used on one of Gunn's cards and fell in love with it, so it was a extra blessing when I saw it was included amongst the other items in the RAK!!  Thank you Gunn - I hope I did it justice!!



I played with the idea of cutting the rose and popping it up but decided to colour it and try to add dimension that way - I used SU Chalks and a Blender Pen - I love the depth that you can achieve with this method.  The collage background has had light touches of chalks added!


The DP is from the box of offcuts and is DCWV La Creme - it is a favourite of mine, although I don't seem to get to it enough - I added a tag from one of my new Spellbinders Fancy Labels - I LOVE this set!!  Some braid was threaded through and the finishing touches of those gorgeous copper Kaiser half pearls - how can you go wrong.  !?!?

This card is for the following Challenges:
Some Odd Girl - Girlie
Creative Belli Challenge - 'R' Embellishments
My Time to Craft - Vintage
Crafty Little Place - Anything Goes
Scrap Creations - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me today, I love knowing you have been and appreciate you lovely comments!  I will be back later today with a special post - it is a busy week on my Blog this week and I would love to see you here again!!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

16 comments:

  1. Linda this is wonderful - you have really done this image justice.
    I have been inspired by Gunn too, and am attempting a tag....
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Linda.. Beautiful colors and coloring and fabulous details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colouring, wow is all I can say!! Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! WOW and some more WOW! This looks absolutely amazing Linda! You were for sure the right destination for this image! I might just send you the stamp, cause you have ruined it for me now you know... I will never be able to use this stamp again now, seeing how gorgeous you have colored it *LOL* When I grow up, I am going to learn how to color like you!
    Please don't ever stop inspire me! You are my cardmaking hero you know ;o)
    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the title of the post and you have done some kind of justice with this image, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, super cool effect!! Thanks so much for playing with Some Odd Girl, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda, This is GORGEOUS darling! (grin) I'm sure Gunn will be happy to see the lovely,vintage looking creation made from her sweet RAK! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is breathtaking! I love everything about it! Thanks SO much for sharing and playing with some odd girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at A Crafty Little Place this week!!
    Sheri-ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A rose is a rose is a STUNNING rose!! I so love how you've put together this card Linda!! So creative and stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is very beautiful linda.
    your rose is gorgeous.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing!! Fantastic card. Thanks so much for joining StampInsanity.

    Hugs, Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowee - this is GORGEOUS! That is a great image, but you just made it completely spectacular!! Did I say GORGEOUS?! Thank you so much for sharing with us at StampInsanity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! This is just gorgeous! Love the rich colors! And awesome coloring! :)

    Thanks for joining us over at Some Odd Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that broken up image. Gorgeous work
    Thank you so much for joining us at SOME ODD GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy Crap (pardon the french) Linda this is stunningly gorgeous. Perfect coloring with the chalks & blenders! OMWord, woman, the layout is fantastic and your distressing and tag is phenomenal! Thanks for being UBER GIRLY & ODD with us this time round at Some Odd Girl. Corry (GDT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}