}

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remembrance Day - Lest We Forget


photo by CBC

On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month we pause to remember the thousands of men and women who sacrificed their lives in military service for their countries.

As a child I remember poppies being handed to each of us at school and wearing them so proudly 'in rememberance' of these wonderful men and woman.  Back then I really had no understanding of the totality of it all, but did understand that it required us to be sombre and thankful for all that has been given for our freedom.

Today, it is more of a reality with so many soldiers being called into Service, to defend the freedom of others.  I personally am touched by Remembrance Day and all that it means for me and my family, each of these lives sacrificed have contributed to the freedom I experience each day, without even realising it at times, perhaps even taking it for granted.  Each year we pause to remember, I am so grateful for the Diggers and Veterans both past and present  who in my mind and heart have gone from being soldiers to Heroes - I will never forget and will always thank God for all that has been done for so many by so few!!  I will never know each by name but your actions will resound forever in my heart and the hearts of so many others!!

Lest We Forget

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful post and yes I think we all do take things for granted at times,thats why it is so important that we have these Remembrance days!!! Thanks for the reminder!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}