}

Saturday, October 23, 2010

LOC Framed Song Bird

I just love an Inspiration Challenge and seeing how everyone interprets it - we can all start with the same thing and create something so different - I discovered the Moxie Fab Word  site the other week

and had to play along again this week in the Trigger Tuesday challenge after discovering I was one of the Trigger Targets for the week - it certainly made by day!

The card I have made for this weeks challenge is inspired by this amazing photo:


I have used the colours, they are fabulous - I have to say I did have to go hunting for the grey card stock, but thanks to my friend Ann and her amazing scrap pile - I had some!!


I used Ranger Distressing Ink in Scattered Straw for the sponging around the edges and also on the Layers of Color Belle Brocade art stencilPeeled Paint Distressing Ink was also used.


My main image is from the Layers of Color Backyard Birds art stamps and I have embossed it on top of the Beaded Frames art stamps - the shape of it was quite fitting - I thought!  I coloured the beads with SU Chalks and a Blender Pen.  The bird has been coloured in by lightly wiping the inked dauber over it after sponging the Belle Brocade art stencil.


I pleated a piece of old hymnal and sponged it with the Peeled Paint Distressing Ink and added two rows of faux stitching on it to finish off.

This card is for the following challenges:
Cowgirl's Sunday Stampen Challenge - make your own background
Penny's Challenges  - As long as it flies


You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Stamp Company

Layers of Color Art Stamps has a new FACEBOOK GROUP where you can connect with many more LOC friends - You're invited to join the fun!...

and...
Layers of Color Art Stamps has a new FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!

Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!

Thank you for your comments and all of the encouragement you leave me here, it is appreciated!!!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

12 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card! Love the vintage look!
    Thanks for playing along at cowgirl sunday challenge!
    marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully spooky! I like the match of the central shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Linda the detail is fantastic, the pleating and the paper piercing look fab. I love how your image reflects the shape in the picture.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at CSSC. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on beeing Trigger Target Linda!
    I really love how you use paperpiercing to add interest to your cards - it always looks soo good! The bird is beautiful!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning interpretation of the photo Linda!!! Fabulous card as ever :D Thank you for joining in at Cowgirls Sunday XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being selected for Trigger Tuesday, Linda!

    This is a great interpretation of TT this week! I love how you chose to use the arch and the dark focal point bird. You've really lightened up the feel too. I love the warmth you've given your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Linda! Love the sweet bird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card my friend - love how you have echoed the central shape of the 'trigger' image and although you have kept to the darker colour palette it still looks 'warm'.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, love the pleated hymnn sheet. Thank you for playing along at Penny's this week x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Linda, love the bird framed by beads and the pleated music sheet paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is FABULOUS Linda and I love the accordian music panel ... PERFECT!
    Thanks for sharing it with us over on Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges!

    Darlene
    PPCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Linda! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for joining in on all the creepy fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}