}

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

SSCC Happy Birthday Candace

Who doesn't love a BIRTHDAY and today it is Candace's Birthday, and we at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges are throwing her a virtual birthday party, each of us is going to bring something special - some of Candace's favourite things infact!  You will see what I am bringing further down this post....but in the meantime.


I have created this card inspired by my party contribution - using Layers of Color art stamp set Merci Bouquet.  I have embossed the DP with the Stylised Flowers Embossing Folder and edged it with the SU Scalloped Border Punch.


I am inspired by this lovely photo taken by my DH - he is a photographer and often his photos are of our flowers and backyard, or local scenes - you can see some of these here.

 So naturally, I am bringing PINK ROSES!  I love roses and some of my absolute favourite ones are pink, as you can see in this photo - these are our lovely Pierre de Ronsards and they grow on the verandah outside our window- just gorgeous!


In our house birthdays are done BIG TIME - when you wake in the morning the table is decorated and covered with balloons, cards and of course presents - it is so exciting to see your chair with a HUGE gold and purple bow on it and is affectionately known as the 'Birthday Chair,' it just adds to that special feeling.  We all sit down and the presents are given and opened and the place is 'buzzing' with excitement.  Your favourite birthday breakfast is cooked - for most of the family this is hotcakes with bacon and Maple Syrup - me, I am more civilized and love bagels with cream cheese and blueberries, a glass of tomato juice and a coffee chaser - percolated coffee of course!  YUMBLY!  So it is only fitting that I also bring decorations.


I do have to add that this photo is four years old and it is no longer these colours - it is now creams and whites, I have more recent photos but cannot find where I put them for 'safe keeping!' LOL!

and just for good measure I am bringing a YUMBLY cake....white chocolate cake with pink & white marshmellows drizzled with dark chocolate!! 


If you arrived here from Kristine's Blog then you're in the right place! If not, please start this short hop at SSCC blogIf you happen to get lost along the way, the blog hop order is:

Linda (that's me!)
♫ Happy Birthday to you Candace - hope your day is 'blooming' lovely! ♫  I know - but I could not help myself!  LOL!  Don't forget to stop by and wish Candace a Happy Birthday!  The next stop on the Hop is the very lovely Lisa

Thanks for coming by today and for your fabulous comments, you are always so kind!!  God bless you!!
{{{hugs}}}

10 comments:

  1. Wow Linda... I want to live at your house!!! Birthdays sure look fun! Your decorations are beautiful, as is the cake and the roses and card are gorgeous!!! Candace will surely have a happy birthday with all this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...just letting you now my BD is coming and I want to celebrate at you house! Your decorations are beautiful as well as your card, flowers, and cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More cake, oh my, more cake! Good thing this is a hop and not a small, intimate luncheon we'd all be suffering from a sugar high. And I want to sit in that birthday chair just once! Lovely job on the roses, both on the card and outside in your garden! I like the stickle centers. Stickles make life more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage card!! So very pretty. That cake is something else!! Wow, YUMMY I think I've gained 5 pounds just going through this birthday blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card it is simply beautiful.....but that cake is georgous........That looks like my kind of a cake....Oh by the way the rose are beautiful also

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pink card! The roses are fabulous, an awesome shade! How fun birthday breakfast sounds at your home. We do a birthday dinner at mine, a tradition from my side of the family. Is that a real cake, (as in you made it)? Looks and sounds fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone in your house must LOVE their birthday! Lovely card too and you still have roses blooming?
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely card. And the roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That card is beautiful! I love that you shared your story about how you celebrate birthdays at your home. The decorations look awesome!! Thanks so much for participating in this blog hop for me and thank you for the birthday wishes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely PINK card Linda and I just LOVE how you celebrate birthday in YOUR house. Everything is so FUN and beautiful!! I wanna come celebrate mine there next February!! *Ü* Sure makes one feel so special.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}