}

Friday, March 19, 2010

LOC Perfectly Framed

Hello everyone - it is Friday here and I am loving the fact that the weekend is nearly here - time to wind down - infact my DH 'skeered' me yesterday and told me the kids have only 2 weeks left of this term - that can't be right - can it - where did the time go!?!?  well, just quietly I know a lot of it has been spent at this computer and card making, but...shhhh...! LOL!


Today I am showing you another card I made with the Layers of Color art stamp set Vintage Roses.  I thought I would work with softer colours for this card.

I have used some K&Company DP, which is so soft and feminine, it worked so well with these gorgeous roses, which have been coloured with SU Chalks and a Blender Pen, cut out and popped up on foam dots and layered into both CS and embossed CS cut with the Nestibilities Labels 4, I love the framing effect this has created.


The leaves from the Acanthus Leaves art stamp set have also been coloured with SU Chalks and a Blender Pen, then cut out and attached underneath the main image.  I am loving these leaves for adding to images and framing - they are gorgeous!!  Than of course those lovely Kaiser pearls have been added.


I have finished off with the vintage corners and added a single pearl to each!  I am pleased with the different styles of card I am able to maker using these sets, lets face it, we want to be able to use a stamp more than once don't we - I know I do!!! 

There is plenty of inspiration to be found on the Designer Galleries over at Layers of Color - you can see my Gallery here - I would love to see you!!

I am linking this card to:
Cute Daisy May - Anything Goes
Ooh-la-la Creations - Anything Goes
Paper Cutz Challenge - Anything Goes
Challenge Up Your Life - Bouquet/Flower
The Crazy Challenge - Simple & Elegant

Thanks for looking and for your lovely comments, you know you make my day!!  Have a fabulous weekend and make sure you take the time to do something you enjoy - like ironing - NOT!! LOL!  God bless you!!
{{{hugs}}}

9 comments:

  1. Oooooh Linda... this is gorgeous!!! I'm a PINK lover so the soft pinks and all the texture just make me smile!!! Love your coloring as always... the layers and wonderful images! Soooo pretty gf!!! Don't know how you keep cranking them out when you're on the computer all the time!!! LOL! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is a breath taking card, Linda, real eye catcher. I love reading your posts too, just wanted to point out. :) Have a good weekend and thank you for joining us at "Crazy challenge" this week.
    hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, Lovely card once again - those colours are (to quote you) just yummbly!!
    I can't wait to get my hands on the new sets - I have just ordered!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning as usual Linda. I love the colouring..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda,

    Like the soft colours and background pattern paper you've used. Love the pearls too!

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my! This card was so georgous! loved the layers and the colours :)
    hugs from Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutly gorgeous love everything about it so very very pretty thank you for sharing with us at ooh la la
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another "Linda" beauty! You cut out those small detailed elements so wonderfully! I love the soft colors and pearls. Have a super weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is so gorgeous Linda. I just LOVE that pinky color with this and your coloring is fabulous as always ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}