}

Thursday, March 25, 2010

LOC Dressing Up

I came across this amazing Blog and found the cutest challenge and could not resist playing along !  Margaret from Alice & Camilla has invited us to play along with her
'Dress Up'  challenge!  Anyone can play and she is aiming to complete a dress by the end of each month. How adorable is that - it appeals to the 'little girl' in all of us!! 


I used this template from Gini Owen and of course had to use the Layers of Color art stamp set - Merci Bouquet, the small flowers are perfect for this darling dress!  They have been coloured lightly with SU Chalks and had Kindy Glitz added to the centers.



For the bodice I used some leftover embossed CS, using Divine Swirls embossing folder!  I have sponged around the edges (LIGHTLY) of  the whole dress, it helped define the lines,  I also used some spotted chiffon ribbon as a belt and knotted it through a pearl buckle/slider


How cute is this - it is perfect for my DD2's birthday next month - she is my 'girly girl' and saw it on my desk this morning and cried out with delight 'Awww Mum - this is adorable!!'  She is my greatest encouragement, God bless her!!  I will be back tomorrow with another one to show you, it is very vintage - I am having fun with these!! LOL!

I am linking this to:
and will be back tomorrow to link it to more - it is after midnight here....ZZZzzzz! LOL!

Thank you for coming by and for all the lovely comments you leave me - I am a 'comment junky' and they make my day!  I hope your day is one of your GREAT ones!  God bless you!!
 {{{HUGS}}}

23 comments:

  1. wow hun this is brilliant must get mine done too yours is wondeful super detail,love the addition of the pearls too hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww, Linda, this is GORGEOUS!!!! Such a beautiful creation!!! The perfect touches with pearls and that stunning glitter ribbon....so very girly! I LOVE it! Hugs and blessings, my friend, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is so beautiful!!!! What a fun challenge. Looking forward to seeing your vintage edition. I'm going to have to check out this challenge myself. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just AWESOME!!! I have to make invites to a wedd shower and was thinking this is sooooo cool!!! LOVE HOW U DID THIS! :) tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I can't wait until you share your next dress. This one is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Linda,so much attention to detail,the pearls and little flowers are perfect!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, just beautiful!!!

    ;0)Gry-Beate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a girly girl, but I sure would love to look good in this. Probably everybody would look good in this 'cause it sooo beautiful! Those flowers all over the skirt is perfect, and the beltbuckle just tops it all!

    Have a nice day!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it I'll be popping round to see what every one has made I love yr dress hun

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! How fun! You have made an amazing dress, the little details are fantastic. Have a great end of the week, hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you make a full sized one for me please?? Love it!! :-)

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda,

    Oh I love this Dress!! The pattern paper is gorgeous and the pearls are perfect! Can you make one in my size??? :-) I'm going to have to go and have a look too... TFS

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Linda your dress is stunning....I adore the flowers and the embellies too! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the little details are fantastic on this wonderful dress. I just stopped in to thank you for your visit to my blog and for entering my blog candy giveaway.
    I just had to become a follower of your wonderful blog...I must say your profile picture is just beautiful. Look forward to enjoying your blog.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lesley/AKA SuperNanMarch 25, 2010 at 4:44 PM

    Wow Linda, what a great creation, so pretty and feminine. I would call this a "Posh Frock" and I know that my grandaughter will be thrilled to get it. You are very clever (a chip off the old block maybe?) Love all the pretty details. Luv ya Mum/Lesley AKA SuperNan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soooo elegant Linda!! totally gorgeous and I particularly love the colour of the bodice, one of my favs! Great to have you playing along! Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really lovely. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really beautiful... Thanks for playing along at TG this week…Debs

    ReplyDelete
  19. These dress cards are gorgeous!! I love them. If I ever get a free moment, I will have to learn how to make one. You did an awesome job on them both!!

    Thanks for sharing your talents with us!!

    Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad I checked Margaret's blog to see if I had missed any links and found your January dress. This is not just cute, it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}