}

Monday, February 22, 2010

Absolutely Fabulous!!

I would like to start this post by thanking those of you who came by and left such beautiful comments for my daughter, it meant so much to her to know that people care.  I treasure your comments to me as well and consider myself blessed to have you all as friends - it certainly brings so much shine into my life - thank you!  I am hoping this card will bring a smile to your face - especially when it is for  last week's Twisted Sister Challenge, where Teri (aka Brat Cards) set us the challenge to make a humorous card and to link it to a challenge as well....so I am making this one for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge where it is 'All About Me' we are to use our favourite anything and everythings...so I thought this was a good one for me - I love humorous, Chalking, that gorgeous Hedgie, along with distressing, sponging......I would say that qualifies me for this challenge!  LOL!



I have used this gorgeous image from Cornish Heritage Farms called 'Skunky Hair - can't we all relate to that - not you!?!? LOL! Must just be me!!


I have coloured this adorable scene with SU Chalks/Pastels



and added the sentiment from PTI that I won in a Blog Candy - these are the best sentiments and I am happy to day that they fit beautifully in the Nestibilities Ribbon Tags - I am going to have to try and set some of their fancy ones - I have seen them on some of your cards and LOVE them - a MUST HAVE for me!! LOL!

I had a lovely surprise when I woke up yesterday morning I got an email from one of my DT sisters letting me know that i had won the 'Wags'n Whiskers Challenge with my MMSC40 card using their image, as Lacey was our weekly sponsor that week.  Have you seen their images - totally adorable - their artists are amazing, they capture the innocence of the children and the heart of the stamper...it was very hard to choose, but I did - finally - I chose 'Love You Sis' it reminded me of my girls when they were younger and made me think of my sister - I am the one with the hair 'do!' LOL!

I am also linking this to Our Creative Corner where they are challenging us to try a new technique - I have done 'doodling' for the VERY FIRST TIME on a card!!  Wahoo!!

Thank you for stopping by and for all of your comments, you make my day with your encouragement - I love seeing you have been! I hope your weekend was/is FABULOUS!!! God bless you!
{{{HUGS}}}
Just as a matter of interest, it is my turn to challenge the Twisted Sisters this week - what do you think I have challenged them to do!!?!?

12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous it made me laugh it's a hair thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is totally gorjus hun love the coulours and great detail too it also made me laugh his hair hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first doodling? Very nicely done. I love this image an how you have colored. Smiles-Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! What a really ADORABLE image Linda!! I love this hun!! Such gorgeous colors and that sentiment is perfect!! :) I've really missed you hun!! So good to see you again!! BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very,very cute.....love that image...lol...!!! Beautiful colouring as always and a fabulous LO!! BTW your daughters scrap page is stunning,such a lovely photo and the colours are beautiful!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so "stinkin" sweet hehe. Thanks for the huge smile. I love your work Linda *huge hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed the doodles - a very nice touch I must say :-) Love the card and it's cheerful colours.
    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo cute Linda. Lovely image and choice of colours..Hugs..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card - of course I do recognize myself struggeling with my new hair-staightener this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not only did I smile when I saw this card, Linda... It made me happy too:))
    I just love the happy colors and the darling image! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HaHaHa LOL! What a delightful card, Linda!! Thank you for the smiles today my friend!

    Joy to you today!

    {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card - the image is so fun! Great job on the doodling too. I think it adds to the whimsical happy feel of the card. Great job on trying a new technique. So glad you stopped by to have some fun with the Our Creative Corner this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}