}

Friday, January 15, 2010

LOC Heart of Love...

Today's post is for a number of challenges, each of the significant in themselves the first being the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge which is a sketch from every stamper's friend, Silke Ledlow...I have used 'artistic licence' and used the Fleur Heart from Layers of Color in place of the circle in Silke's Sketch.  It is also for the Flourishes 'Feel the Love' Challenge to win their New Release sets - and they are fabulous!



Over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge the scripture for this week is:

Hosea 6:1 "Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds."




The challenge is to make the broken look beautiful...create a mosaic, or tear apart and stitch back together. In some way have your image look broken and repaired, hence the torn mosaic looking panels on the sketch!



Last but definitely not least the Twisted Sisters Challenge is to make a card for a significant holiday.  I could not resist World Reglion Day...As I was making this card I was thinking about all of the religions and how each one feels that they serve the ONE TRUE god, but you know the thing that defines Christianity is that every other religion is man's search for God, Christianity is the only religion that God reaches down to man - how amazing is that - I love that about our God - I am so grateful that He reached down to me!  He certainly took the broken pieces of my life and made something beautiful (in His eyes) out of them!

I felt it was only fitting to combine all of these challenges as the are all interlinked - LOVE being the common thread - the love of God - the most POWERFUL thread!

Once again it is 1am and I am still sitting here, way too late, so I had better finish here and make my way to bed, especially as I get up early - sleep - who needs it - it is totally underated! LOL!!

Thank you for taking the time to come by and for those lovely comments you leave me - they mean so much to me, I love knowing that you have been - thank you!  God bless YOU!  {{{hugs}}}

15 comments:

  1. Oh my word this is absolutely AMAZING!!! GORGEOUS Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, that's one GORGEOUS card!! Love those colors and the torn paper! Awesome post, too! I would be in big trouble if He didn't reach down for me! What a comfort!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous- I love the beautiful paper and the torn paper- looks like marble.....What a wonderful touching post- Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card and great art work - love your ruminations too - btw, you are also beautiful in lots of other's eyes too, not just God's, and you better believe that, my sister.

    Like you I am soooo glad God reached down and touched me and transformed me into someone beautiful - inside, if not outside :-)

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. 0-M-G!!!

    This is drop dead G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S
    .......I totally love this - Linda!!! The heart is really cool and you've made it look amazing on your card!!! You rocked the Sketch my friend :)!!!

    Thank you for playing along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful..stop showing off ;)

    {{{big kiss}}} ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW a fabulous image and colour combo!!! Love it!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING!! Wowza Linda! It really is gorgeous...awesome colors, image, great layering and I just love the details here : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZER!! So stunning and my mouth dropped!! SHEESH!! Too beautiful Linda!! You've done a fabulous job girl!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous! The colours and all that.
    So cool!
    Hugs xx
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, what a fab card Linda! You are so innovative! Have a lovely weekend!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda this is so amazing. I love your thoughts and that image is wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at SSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colors and dimension, Linda! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}