}

Friday, January 1, 2010

LOC Coastal Resort

I love these photos of the beach that my DH took a couple of weeks ago when we went down the Coast for an overnight visit....so beautiful and relaxing!  They have been edited to enhance the stunning colours, but only slightly!  I could not resist using the Die Cuts With a View DP from The Endless Summer series.



I stamped these gorgeous shells from the Layers of Color art stamp set Under the Sea.  I coloured the shells with Chalks and then added Kindy Glitz to the long shells and gave the smaller round ones a light coat of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl.  It was hard to capture the glimmer and sheen in the photo - but aren't those shells just lovely - so realistic!  They have been layered onto a MS Fence Punch, which has been sponged with Distressing Ink.  Some of the shells have been popped up on dimensionals.



The DCWV DP has been added to with the Layers of Color art stamp set Nature Walk - I love this flourish - and stamped it in Whispers Sepia then added highlights with Chalks and Kindy Glitz.  I love the way it just blended in with the DP, but also added so much to the overall look of the Layout!



And there you have it - doesn't it make you want to be there - we found the most gorgeous place to stay that actually had peacocks wandering around the motel,,,they even had babies - what a fabulous sight - you can find these photos and more on my DH's blog Imagery of the Soul - be sure to leave him a comment if you make it over there - he would love to know you have been!

This layout is for the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge  with a theme of New Beginnings - nothing better than a sunrise to symbolise a new beginning - I do think this fits!!

You know I love to know if you have called in too - thank you for those fabulous comments you leave me - you encourage me so much!  God bless you!!

13 comments:

  1. OMG!! These are the most stunning layouts I have ever seen!! WOW.
    TFS
    Kristy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Linda,amazing detail and the colours are magnificent.....beautiful work!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda what a beautiful LO you created! The picture is stunning and the shells are so beautifully colored! I'll have to pop over to DH blog and take a look!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Linda... these photos are glorious and I love your lo! Your shells and flourish are beatuful and God's coloring of His world is even more so!!! TFS! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great page, Linda. I off to your husbands blog to see more of the beautiful sights, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw the photos on Ron's blog, but you have made a stunning job of enhancing them with tweaking the colours and the layout that you have placed them in. Those shells and flourishes are devine my dear!!

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW Linda this is so beautiful:O) Love the fabulous pictures, the shells look amazing, so perfect for this LO.
    Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
    Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gasp!! This is such a beautiful page, Linda!! I love how you enhanced the photos...such beauties indeed! Love all the little touches on the page too!! I know that New Years day is offically over for you, but I hope you had a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so much talent in your family. I love Ron's photography. You picked the perfect paper for this project.. So nicely done. Happy New Year and blessings upon you in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It fits perfectly. Thank you for joining SFTW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fantastic Lo. Love the shells and the colors are beautiful. I really like the idea of the sunrise and that you have made a Lo instead of a card is refreshing.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW for this challenge.
    Gunn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous colours..just love it...thank you for joining us at SFTW..
    hugs
    Jan..x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}