}

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Twisted Christmas

Has that title got your thinking - well...you should have put two and two together and come up with the Twisted Sisters Challenge - this week the theme is 'Santa is on His Way'....so we are getting ready - no Christmas is complete without the tree being up - ours has been up for three weeks now - we usually set it up early as Christmas comes and goes too fast - we love to enjoy the tree complete with lights and decorations - so 'purty!'



The adorable 'House Mice' seem to have been distracted in their prepartions - they started off well..but....what can you say - Candy can do it to anyone!!  I looked at our tree yesterday and realised the SOMEONE has been eating the Candy Canes at a great rate and I am pretty sure it is not the two featured in this card...more like someone in the range of say...'11 years old!'  LOL!



I coloured this image with chalks and then used Dimensional Magic over the bauble to make it look real!  I just love this image sent to me my one of my lovely sistah's and dear friend Pat Smethers - thanks Pat - I am sure you have not seem the last of them! LOL!  The sentiment is from Autumn Leaves and says it all really - Christmas is a day to celebrate, in amongst the gifts, food and family....we need to take time to celebrate the birth of Jesus - He is indeed the 'Reason for the Season!'  I am sure that darlin' HM is grateful too! LOL!

The mice are so cute on paper BUT we all know IRL they are N-O-T!!  We had a weekly Bible Study in our house and one of the ladies was looking at me doing a nervous little 'giggle' - she kept persisting and when I looked next to the armchair she was sitting in there was a mouse sitting next to it, propped up on it's hind quarters - honestly I think it wanted to know what time supper was served....it was not at all bothered by all of the people and eventually got up and strolled through the middle of the room - almost as if it was disgusted at the service! LOL!  Sounds funny but we were horrified !!  So...mice...are nice...on paper!!

This card fits the Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday's Challenge where is is all about Christmas!

Thanks for looking and for your lovely comments - you are always so encouraging - I appreciate you taking the time to comment!  God bless you!

6 comments:

  1. SOOOO SWEET!!! I LOVE this image and these colors Linda...ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful card - that is sooo cute. Love the story about the mouse too - my cat doesn't appear to chase them, but we are not prone to having tham inside - thankfully!
    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that story is so funny, your card is completely adorable Linda, the ornament looks so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda I LOVE this card! Your coloring is fabulous and the image is so adorable! Have a great rest of the weekend....

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore those little mice of hers!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}