}

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Moonlight Madness

I have combined two challenges to make this card - both of them are known to have their own little 'quirks' - so they are perfect for me! LOL!  The first of these is the Twisted Sister Challenge...this week we are asked to make something with Moonlight and also use untraditonal Christmas Colours....
MotherMarks TeaParty is being hosted by Lisa Lara and it is all about the the snowmen do when we sleep - now that is an interesting thought!  It led to this card!!



Now this does pose the question of what they get up to at night - from the looks on these gorgeous faces - it has to be naughty - I have my own theories but will have to acquire further evidence, but let me just tell you this - that yellow is NOT moonlight - it is the reflection from the snow...and we don't want to GO THERE - both figuratively and literally! LOL!!

The silver embossed panel is kindly donated by my DH - it is the tray from the crossiants, which has been washed (phew!) and embossed - they always come out fabulously, which is just as well as the family feel it is their mission to keep my 'tray' supplies up and running - so very thoughtful of them!!



I did try and use unusual colours for this card and started off with mulberry and blue - but it looks more like purple in the photo...The image is coloured with chalks using a blender pen.


This card is also for Crazy4Challenges where the theme id Snowmen and/or Snowflakes - I think I qualify! LOL!
It is also for the Creative Card Crew Challenge where Silver or Gold is the theme

Thank you for stopping in and for leaving such lovely comments - you are always so encouraging - you have all come to mean so much to me!  It is late Saturday night here - I am on 'Snowman Alert' as I sleep....although I doubt if I will see any as it is summer here and a lot of nights we have to sleep with the fans on!!  Seriously though - imagine finding this lot in your front yard one mornng - skeery! LOL!  God bless you!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a really adorable card!! I love that imaage!! It is actually just morning for me!! ;) The sun should be up anytime now!! Have a great night hun!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda this is so cute! Love the snowmen... love your coloring and your take on the challenges! Too cute! My grandkids are here this weekend, next weekend and the following so needless to say only prestamped projects will make it to the screen! LOL! Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! down under! found you through SCS, cute card and story. I became a follower, won't you reciprocate/ Please!!! Sounds like I'm beggin'!!
    Your blog is awesome, hope to spend more time here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this SU image and these colors!!! AWESOME job adding the moon...that is a GREAT idea!!! Wonderful and FANTASTIC creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - and I love your comments too :-).
    Hmmm, just what were those snowmen up to?????? I am so glad the family keeps you well supplied with 'pie plates' to re-cycle.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}