}

Saturday, October 3, 2009

LOC Fruit Friends

It is Friday here and that means it is time for the Twisted Sister Challenge - I love this bunch of Sistahs and always look forward to this challenge and this week I AM ON TIME! Yahoo!

I have used my Layer of Color images, this 'berry' cute mouse (sorry I couldn't resist that!) is from the Polka Dot Parade set.  I have chalked him and then used Dimensional Magic on the strawberries to give them that 'lush' and YUMBLY look!  These have then been cut out with the SU Square Punch and layered onto black CS.  I have added a Cuttlebug Die Cut  to each square and secured it with a black brad.

The background DP has had the edges sponged and then been embossed with the 'Houndstooth' Embossing Folder.  I am really liking the added texture it gives a card when you emboss DP.  The lower image is from the Layers of Color Garden Borders set...this has also been chalked and had Dimensional magic added to to strawberries PLUS a light touch of Kindy Glitz to the leaves, which is not showing up very well in the photos - you know how it goes!!  This border image has been layered onto black CS and torn olive green CS.

There you have it - one card, the Twisted Sister Challenge theme was 'Food Fight' - any kind of food goes.  As cute as this little image looks - how horrified would we be to see this running across our kitchen floor! LOL!

Thank you for stopping by - you know I love to see that you have been and to read your encouraging comments - you are so encouraging !  Thank you!!  It is Friday night here and raining with thunder rolling around the hills - lovely!!  We don't get a lot of rain in Canberra, which gets hit pretty hard by the drought...so it is FABULOUS!!!  I hope you have a great weekend - spent with those you love - or at least like! LOL!  God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Linda, and I do appreciate your sense of humour.

    We have had rain for weeks here and novelty has worn off a bit, but I too do like a good thunderstorm :-)

    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO CUTE! LOVE all the texture you give your cards, from the colors used to the cuttlebug embossed BGs!! :) Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}