}

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Shifting Sands

This fabulous image belongs to a scrapbooking friend, Deb. On Friday she brought her stamps and I OBVIOUSLY had to stamp some off....I LOVE this image and it is perfect for the Flourishes Challenge for their new releases and the Inspiration Challenge.

I stamped two copies of the image and chalked them both, cutting out the chairs and layering it on 3D foam dots. The water is coloured with chalks and then I have added white gel pen and clear Kindy Glitz to add 'movement' to it! The close up shows it better but these things are never the same as IRL!
The frame has been lightly washed with watercolour pens and an aqua pen, and the sky sponged lightly.

The edges of the image and the blue cs have been torn and sponged and layered on True Thyme CS. I added corrugated card to the bottom left corner and it was surprising how much it added...I love the textured look it gives - so it fits this weeks Ways to Use It Challenge as well!

This is one of my favourite cards, I just love the softer more washed look that has happened with this mix of techniques...and who can resist the serenity that a scene like this offers....if only I was really there!!

Thank you for stopping by and your comments - I love to hear what you think AND to know that you have been!! God bless you!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Oh Linda I love love love this one!!! I have been looking for a chair image like this from the back vantage point! I took a photo at the beach of one from the back looking out to sea and I love the look! You have captured it perfectly! D Morgan prints have long been among my favorites too... always wonderful sentiments and I love her out of the box techniques. So you have created a card full of image eye candy here!!! Love all the distressing and the corrugated corner! So totally pretty!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda this card makes me relax just looking at it! I really love the corrugated card in the corner and the torn edge on the right, they both add so much. Beautiful work as always. Hope you have had a wonderful weekend. Looking forward to taking a peek at what you create this week. Sending Smiles - Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just a beautiful card - came over to your blog from your SCS gallery - love your work - will be keeping an eye on your blog
    LOL
    Linda (I always check all the Linda's ..:)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought since you left me cyber love from Australia I should leave you some from Ohio, USA...

    Love how the beach chair is the focal image on this card - it just pops out at you... But my favorite part is the little bit of cardboard peaking out on the corner!

    Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}