}

Friday, July 31, 2009

Raspberry Delight



I am just loving this set called Flower Child from Layers of Color and am enjoying using it in different ways - don't you just love it when you can use a stamp in more than one style! These colours are YUMBLY (as my DH says) I am 'stretching the boundaries' of the Stampin'B. Challenge where we are to make a baby card but not use the traditional pink or blue - this is not pink, technically it is raspberry....so I am in 'by the skin of my teeth' (isn't that a horrid saying!)
It is also for the Creative Inspirations Challenge where the pearls qualify as 'Bling'...I love to try and get a card to qualify for a few challenges and this one is no exception - My Time to Craft is all about a Floral Frenzy ...and these glorgeous flowers are layered onto pink flowers...so that makes 6 flowers in all...not to mention the ones on the DP!

This card is definitely a combined effort when it comes to product...the gorgeous paper is from A blog Candy I won from Abby's Candy, the those gorgeous flowers are from another Blog Candy from Sharon, the Nestie is run off from my friend Melinda (aka melinda80) and the vintage corner is from Jocelyn (aka Jobear2) I salvaged the crotcheted lace from an old doily...one eclectic card in many ways! The image is coloured with both chalks and water colour pens...I needed to get the right tones in the leaves and just couldn't quite get there with chalks - I quite like the combo! The layered Nestie and cut out baby are popped up on dimensionals to give more depth.

Thank you for stopping by - I would love you to leave a comment if you have time - I love to know when you have been!! It is Friday evening here and I am looking forward to a quiet weekend...nest week is buy as there is the Craft Fair and I am helping on a stall for the 4 days...so 'chilling out' is the go!! Have a great weekend, whatever you do! God bless you!
Edit: I have just found another challenge to link this card to -No Time to stamp which is all abotu LOVELY LACE....I am loving the sound of this!!
and the Pile it On Challenge where watercolouring on your card is required, plus at least one other challenge - so this quallifies - YAY!!!

7 comments:

  1. Linda,
    This card is absolutly beautiful!
    I have never seen that stamp before. Love the DP and those flowers! My my my!
    Hugs,
    True :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, this card is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is a magnificent card, Linda!! So precious and girlie, adorable and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Linda, what cute images, very unusual. Loving all the embellies, and the bling. Thanks for joining us again on Creative Inspirations Challenge. LOuise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - gorgeous work! Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda,love popping by your blog your card is gorgeous!!!I love all your embellishments and the Bling!!
    Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations and good luck.
    hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this card is just gorgeous,I love the colours and everything about it,such lovely little details throughout the card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}