}

Friday, July 10, 2009

Glamour Girls

Yes, you guessed it - another lot of humorous cards has been ordered - I find it a challenge in itself to do them differently each time, but that just makes me 'stretch' myself! I have used this weeks Sketch Challenge on SCS....I love the different layers - it is hard to tell from this angle but the imaged layered is popped up on 3D foam dots...it just adds more dimension to it (do you think this is why SU call them DIMENSIONALS!!! LOL!) I added a strip of fibre ribbon, for more texture and also used foam flowers that I picked up on sale at KMART...I loved the shape of them but when I took them out of the packet I wasn't too sure about the thickness...once that brad was in them it pushed the flower down in the centre and popped up the petals....so it is going into the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge where 'popping up' is the go!! In IRL it has a lot of dimension - something I haven't captured too well in the photo...but it is too cold to try again and usually I have to photograph at night and miss out on natural lighting!!

I have used lace under the flowers....I love these girls with a bit of 'pizazz' but decided not to do the 'bling thing' too much - a bit more sedate...LOL! The Emerson images have proved to be a great hit and I am looking forward to doing some more of the ones I was sent in a RAK...I love the quirkiness of them - you will be seeing more of them over the next few days - enjoy, we need to laugh more often - does us good like a medicine!!!

Thanks for visiting - don't forget to let me know you have been - I hate to miss you!! It is Friday afternoon here and hectic at our place, my two DD's are heading off for an overnight trip to the snow with the Youth Group early tomorrow morning - 5:30am to be exact! It is exciting for them and daunting for me...it is DD2's first excursion away from us, DD1 went on the School Camp this year and that was hard enough...but with going...ahhh!! It is going to be quiet here as DS is a lot quieter by nature (he takes after me!! LOL!) there are times we hardly know he is in the house....so I am looking forward to some time with him and also getting a few cards made - not that I don't anyway...hope you have having a great day!! God bless you!!Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh those gals are a hoot! Funny and cute card! Thanks for visiting my blog today too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}