}

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

For Father

It is 4 degrees here today...a bit cool to do gardening (shame - LOL!) So I am happy to be inside making cards! It is Father's Day is in September but I have been asked to make some for one of the boutiques that sells my cards...so I have made a start....I have also combined this with the Creative Cards Crew Challenge where it is all about RIBBONS!! I have made this one more vintage and rather than colour the image I did light gold highlights on the camera. It is very effective IRL but just doesn't show at all in the photo - a shame really - but you all know what it is like!!!
I am going to do some more feminine cards for this challenge - I mean, ribbons - scream feminine!!

I added a torn embossed panel across the middle and 2 strips of knotted single stitch ribbon, layering the image on 3D foam dots, to give it more dimension which makes it eligible for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week. Lastly I added copper brads and embossed the sentiment. I kept this card relatively simple, relying on the DP and texture of the embossing to add to the overall look. I know if it was one I was using personally, I would do it different, but with the cards for selling, I try and cover a lot of different tastes.

How's that for a short posting - something different for me!! LOL! I am just finishing off the last touches to the 8th baby jumper and making a couple more Fathers Day cards then...I am doing a couple of challenges that I have missed and love - hopefully by tonight I will be free for those - I am having withdrawal!! LOL!

Thanks for visiting...and for all of your support and encouraging comments....I love to know you have been. God bless you!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}