}

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Shabby Love & More...




I have done Scrapbook Pages in a more shabby/romantic style, as I am just learning I am eager to try as many different styles as I can while staying true to my own likes and dislikes. The whole idea of scrapbooking didn't appeal to me at all - but look at me now...these are only the 5th and 6th pages that I have done and I was inspired by the 2Red Bananas Challenge where you were to use 3 different DP's. I took mine from the K&Company KcKenna papers - I love them and bought this pad when I first got going stamping...I am also determined to use stamping on every page....I love it with these pages. The first photo of my DH and myself was also inspired by a page in Scrapbooking Memories by Thea Maloney of QLD...it caught my eye instantly. I have adapted it to the papers I have and used different DP's and flourishes but ended up with an overall similar look - so thank you Thea for the inspiration!!!

The next page flows with the colours and papers and is of our 10th Wedding Anniversary - I have always loved these photos of the children, they informed us that it wasn't just our Wedding Anniversary, but theirs as well and they wanted to be part of it....how cute they were. My DS decided at the last moment that he wanted to wear a bowtie so we had to run to a neighbour and borrow one - how cute is he...and the girls....awww....so cute. I particularly love the photo of the three of them lying on the grass.

What a special occassion it was...renewing our Wedding Vows was so special to us, as it was saying them for the first time on our Wedding Day. When you stand there on the day and declare your vows to one another, you say it with all your heart fully intending every word, but I found that saying them 10 years later, you were saying them knowing exactly what 'for better or worse' meant - it was so emotion packed for us and meant so much more...especially when my DH read the most beautiful poem he had written for me - there was not a dry eye in the place, even the men were moved to tears - so yes, this occassion was indeed 'Scrapbook worthy!' I have yet to wite our names on the vellum beneath our photo.

The recipe for these pages can be found on my SCS gallery.....thank you for stopping in and sharing this special occasion with us....thank you for leaving a comment, so I know you have been! God bless you!

5 comments:

  1. Linda these pages are just phenomenal! I love the shabby feel.. and the lace is a beautiful touch! The pictures are great!!! What a wonderful occasion to memorialize this way! Love the cut out roses!!! Thanks for sharing this day with us! You are a Scrap Book Natural!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda - I have read most of your blog this evening and I am IMPRESSED!! You are a natural artist and a gifted writer. Heaps of blessings
    Maxine (aka Kiwime on SCS)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely GORGEOUS pages Linda!!!! (oh, and the couple in them aren't half bad either!!! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Very romantic feel. Your layout and use of the photos is great. There is no stopping you now. I feel any photo done right looks happier on a page than just in an album. It tells a story and brings life. I love scrap booking and just knew this would suit you. You have an amazing eye for balance,composition and colour.Trust me the graphic designer!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}