}

Monday, June 8, 2009

Just GORJUSS!

This is another card where I have combined 4 challenges - it does give you a feeling of satisfaction...and you can't complain about that!! LOL!

The first being the CCEE Challenge, once a month they choose a stamper from SCS because of their name and this month it is one of my Twisted Sisters - flowergal36 - the lovely Dawn....we had to use flowers...the next Challenge is a new one 'Stamping for the Weekend' - it is my second card for this challenge where we were to use the colours purple and yellow - I was not too sure about the first one..so decided to make another one...and I have one more that just needs finishing off....not bad for someone who didn't have much purple...LOL!!! The third challenge is Flutter by Wednesday.....and the fourth one being the OCCC Sketch Challenge....phew...exhausting just listing them!!

The image has been chalked and I have added paper piercing around the edges, then layered it onto purple CS. The background strips have been layered on a brighter purple and I have also added a flower the same colour as well as a more traditional purple. I really like the brighter additions on this card as it brought it to life, otherwise I think it would have been 'flat!' The butterfly is from a RAK from another one of my Twisted Sisters, Lesley (aka Marleygo)...I love these butterflies, they can add so much to a card!
So there you have it....I am happy to have conquered the 'purple/yellow' thing that I had happening - or not happening!!! Don't get a shock when you see another one from me tomorrow....but not for 4 challenges - maybe two! LOL!!

Thanks for looking, please leave a comment so I can see you have been! I love to hear what you think!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Linda

    Well I thought your first card was fab, especially the image and sentiment, but this is just Gorjuss. I think the layout is brill and love the way you've done the piercing around the image, looks really effective. Thanks Linda for having a second go at our "Dusk to Dawn" challenge, looking forward to seeing even more of your creations, good luck xx vicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Linda your last card was lovely and this is even lovlier....really Love these two colors together, glad you're finding your puple papers and in different shades too. Love the added lace as well and your coloring is fabulous, love the reflection in her hair. The flower, butterfly and pearls are all great added details to make your card special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable and I thank you again for stopping by. Love your blog and your art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda again lol, i cant believe you have done another card for our challenge, i love this one just as much, that girl has some attitude, the flowers are brilliant, thanks for joining us again at SFTW hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow.. That is alot of challenges. You did those flowers proud girl. I love these images. They are fast becoming my favorite. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda! This is a fabulous card! I love the cute Gorjuss girl and the great layout. The cute butterfly is such a nice adittion. Really beautiful! :)

    Thank you so much for joining us in our first challenge at SFTW and good luck!
    We hope you'll play along with us in our next challenge, too. :)

    Have a lovely evening
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}