}

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Purchased!


I love doing the Faith Based Challenges over at SCS, this card is for the His Holy Name Challenge where we are studying the Attributes of God. I usually don't make my card straight away, I like to do the Study that Patter has prepared for us and then think about what it means to me...this one is late, I have found it hard to do a card for 'Redeemer'....

I do love this attribute of God...we have been 'bought with a price' and that set me thinking about the price that was paid - you know, it never ceases to amaze me that there is nothing we can do to earn this redemption....with today's lifestyle being so 'disposable' and 'instant' there is so quick fix for your redemption....no amount of money could afford us even one drop of the blood that was shed for our salvation!!!
I have used keys on this card to symblose Jesus going down into Hell and taking the keys of Death, this is no 'baby in a manger', the picture that people often have when they think of Jesus.....this is our Redeemer, Jesus - God's son! He took CAPTIVITY CAPTIVE, this is represented by the padlock and the key! What a picture that paints for me....Jesus to the rescue....what a relief...the Word tells us that the devil has come to kill, steal and destroy...but Jesus came to destroy the works of the enemy!! Perhaps in the pursuit of Super heroes, we need to get back to fundamental truths...need a hero...

'Our Redeemer...Jehovah of Hosts is HIS name
The HOLY ONE of Israel!' Isaiah 47:4
It only gets better from here...I have read the book and know how it ends!! Why do I share this - it is all part of the process of doing this challenge for me...we study the attribute first, reflecting and then illustrating, putting it on paper, bringing some structure to our thoughts!
Thank you for taking the time to come and visit me here...I love it that you come...make sure you leave me a comment, so I will know you have dropped in!

2 comments:

  1. Linda, this is so profound. Thanks for sharing your thoughts as you reflected on this attribute. You have captured it so well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, wow, your cards are all amazing! What a talented lady you are.
    Thanks for joining in and Good Luck x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}