}

Friday, February 24, 2012

Birthday Blues

Masculine cards seem to be made less than any other card - well, by me anyway.


This one is created using a retired Stampin' Up! set - this appeals greatly to me as my younger brother lives on one.


I have coloured the image in lightly using Distressing Inks and cut it out with Spellbinders Labels Twenty Two Die, using my Grand Calibur.


and added a sentiment from the Layers of Color Sentimental Banners clear art stamp set illustrated by Nina Brackett and cut out using the Spellbinders Ribbon Banners Die


Finishing off with some Bakers Twine. 

This card is for the follwong challenges:
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Include a sentiment with "Happy" in it
Do You Stack Up? - Distress
Southern Girls - Distressing
Willow Sketchie Challenge - Anything goes
Cooking It Up With Katie - 3 favorite things - Spellbinder Dies, Layers of Color Stamps, Distressing Inks
Inky Impressions - punches/dies
Little Darlings Challenges - Favorite Embellishments - Dies, Bakers Twine
Paper Shelter Challenge - add a sentiment
Penny's Paper-Crafty - anything goes

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

14 comments:

  1. I love anything ocean themed, this is great! I would love to get my hands on the ship stamp set, any ideas where I could find one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could probably find it on ebay. It's called Set Sail and is one of my fave turn to sets for masculine cards.
      Jean ~

      Delete
  2. Linda this is beautiful, gorgeous colours, love that yellow twine, thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Linda, I love all your distressing and your colour combo.
    Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! This is a gorgeous card for that special man in one's life. The yellow is a great addition!!! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us for our "Happy" challenge at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card for a man Linda. I also make only a few mens cards..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya Linda, Wow what an amazing card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, good luck and hope to see you next time.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Linda, Ah this is lovely what a great card, thanks for playing our Anything Goes week on Willow Sketchie, Hope you have a great weekend, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean Linda, I hardely ever make a masculine card. THis one is perfect, the image is so lovely. Thank you for playing at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, lovely image and colours, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter sentiment challenge.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at AUD sentiments this fortnight for our Happy Challenge :) Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really gorgeous masculine card!! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Linda!
    Sorry I'm late visiting but thank you so much for joining The Paper Shelter challenge.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. This a such a nice job and I love how you wrote your post to reflect how you "built" the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}